MANDY STOLL SCHOLAR/ATHLETE AWARD
Each year the FIAAA awards Scholar/Athlete awards to deserving students throughout the state. Two males and two females in each of four categories based on the FHSAA basketball classifications lA-3A, 4A-5A, 6A-7A and 8A-9A, as well as one male and one female at-large nominees will be honored with a $500.00 cash scholarship and a plaque.
The FIAAA initiated the Mandy Stoll Scholar/ Athlete award program in memory of Ms. Mandy Stoll who graduated from St. Stephen’s Episcopal school where she excelled both academically and athletically. Mandy was a member of the National Honor Society, editor of the Yearbook, and member of the Student Council. Mandy was undefeated in all her high school matches, earning six varsity letters in tennis. Mandy won a full scholarship to attend Stetson University in Deland, Florida, where she was team captain and most valuable player in 1986-87. Mandy became Stetson University’s number one women’s tennis player, setting a school record of twenty consecutive victories. Mandy’s life was tragically taken in Apri11988.
The FIAAA is honored to sponsor and select the FIAAA Mandy Stoll Scholar/Athletes each year. Nomination forms are made available to each FIAAA District Director prior to the Annual State Conference. Each District Director will submit completed nomination forms to the Chairperson of the Higher Education Committee. The Higher Education Committee will then review the nominees and select the ten winners. The announcement of the winners and the presentation of the checks and plaques will take place during the awards banquet at the Annual State Conference.
- Female – Annie Catherine Loehle – Mandarin High School
- Male – Joao Pedro “JP” Florentino-Mattos – H.B. Plant High school
- Female – Laura “Libby” Pittman – Fleming Island High school
- Male – Benjamin Sachs – Plantation High School
- Female – Gabriella Faith Lee – Key West High school
- Male – Christian Dohler – North Broward Preparatory School
- Female – Rylan Chapa – Marathon High School
- Male – Alain Fornes – Archimedeans Upper Conservatory
- Female – Grace Manucy – Atlantic Coast High School
- Female – Alexa Soderman – St. Edwards School