- NADC Annual Conference – December 15-19, 2023 – Marriott Orlando World Center
- FIAAA Board of Directors Meeting – January 19-21, 2024 – Embassy Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista South
- FHSAA Board of Directors Meeting – February 25-26, 2024 – Robert W. Hughes Building, Gainesville
- FHSAA Board of Directors Meeting – April 21-22, 2024 – Robert W. Hughes Building, Gainesville
- 46th Annual FIAAA State Conference – May 3-6, 2024 –Embassy Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista South
- FHSAA Board of Directors Meeting – June 3-4, 2024 – Robert W. Hughes Building, Gainesville
In the News:
Clearwater Central Catholic Scholar Athlete To Be Recognized At NADC Annual Conference
Max Brames is one of two national scholarship winners who will be recognized at the NADC Annual Conference at Marriott Orlando World Center during the Opening General Session on Saturday, December 16th.
Brames graduated from Clearwater Central Catholic High School in Clearwater, Florida. The athletic director there is John Gerdes. Brames’ parents are Herman and Mary Jo Brames.
As a three-sport athlete, Brames competed in cross country, tennis, and soccer. He earned 11 varsity letters and was captain twice on the soccer team. He also earned the Marauder Award while participating in soccer.
Brames has shown his leadership skills in several areas. He was student body president, one of four students representing section 3 on the Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA) student-athlete advisor committee, and junior class treasurer.
In addition, Brames volunteered for the Red Warriors Leukemia Lymphoma Team, Water 4 Mercy, Regency Oaks Care Center, and more. He served for over 400 hours between all his commitments.
Scholastic honors given to Brames include the High Honor Award, the Anne Frank Humanitarian Award – given for leadership and academic achievements, and the Clearwater for Youth Award.
In Brames’ essay for this scholarship, he discussed how as a captain on the soccer team he realized how a role model should behave and lead.
“As a captain, I tried to inspire my teammates through kindness, realizing that my team will make mistakes and I will make mistakes. With this in mind, it was important that I reminded my teammates that it doesn’t matter if you make errors, what matters is how you react and pick yourself up,” Brames wrote
NIAAA SECTION 3 NEWS
- For news from NIAAA Section 3 Board Member, Josh Mathews, click here.
CONGRATULATIONS ARE IN ORDER
- Congratulations to Treasurer Casey Thiele on earing his CMAA
- Congratulations to Vice President Jay Getty on his selection to the FACA Hall of Fame
- At the upcoming National Athletic Director Conference in Orlando this December, three of our past presidents will be honored
- Russell Wambles, CMAA will receive a Bruce D. Whitehead Distinguished Service Award (Florida’s 14th such recipient)
- Lauren Otero, CMAA will receive a NFHS Citation (also Florida’s 14th such recipient)
- Lanness Robinson, CMAA will receive the Frank Kovaleski Professional Development Award (Florida’s 1st such recipient)