February 15, 2021
- Baseball, Lacrosse, Softball, and Track and Field – First Regular Play Date
- Wrestling – IBT District Tournaments (2/15/21-2/20/21)
February 16, 2021
- Girls Basketball – Regional Finals Class 1A and Regional Semifinals – Class 2A-7A
- Soccer – Girls Regional Quarter Finals
February 17, 2021
- Soccer – Boys Regional Quarter Finals
February 18, 2021
- To speak to an item listed on the upcoming FHSAA Board of Directors Meeting Agenda(s)
- Boys Basketball – Regional Semifinals Class 1A and Regional Quarterfinals – Class 2A-7A
February 19, 2021
- Girls Basketball – Regional Finals – Class 2A-7A
- Soccer – Girls Regional Semifinals
February 20, 2021
- Soccer – Boys Regional Semifinals
Good Morning FIAAA Members! (2/15/21)
I hope your 2021 is going well and that your coaches are healthy and your teams are enjoying their seasons! I also want to let you know that your FIAAA President-Elect, Rocky Gillis of Broward County, along with the FIAAA Leadership Team, is working hard to finalize plans for our 2021 FIAAA Conference. As you can imagine there are a lot of moving pieces to host a statewide conference and we hope to have everything finalized in the coming weeks! We appreciate your patience!
We also want to give a “Shout Out” to two of our own who have recently attained the level of Registered Athletic Administrator through the NIAAA’s Certification Program.
Congratulations to Andre Dobson, RAA (The King’s Academy in West Palm Beach), and John Grimesey, RAA (Horace O’Bryant School in Monroe County) who have both earned their RAA by completing the requirements and are on the path to becoming Certified Athletic Administrators! Way to go gentlemen! We are all Very Proud of you!
The NIAAA Leadership Training Courses are available for all of us through the NIAAA webinars as well as that offered in-person at the FIAAA Conference! If you have specific questions about LTI or Certification please reach out to your State Coordinators, Dan Talbot or me, as we are both here to help you in your journey as an Educational Athletic Administrator in Florida!
Jake von Scherrer, CMAA – Maclay School in Tallahassee – email@example.com
Dan Talbot, CMAA – Polk County Schools in Bartow, FL – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please don’t forget to check out The Educational AD Podcast wherever you listen to podcasts! We get to hear AD’s share their story, brag a little bit about their school, and offer tips for the AD’s Toolbox in every episode! Listen for free on Anchor, Apple Podcasts, Spotify, iTunes, Sticher, and more!
Let’s GO FIAAA!
Florida Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association
Good Morning Everyone, (2/12/21)
Happy Friday! The next two FHSAA Board of Director meetings (February and April) will be taking place via zoom and broadcast on their YouTube channel. Public input will be set up the same way it was for Representative Assembly last month. For that meeting, if you signed up to speak to a proposed bylaw change, you were “zoomed in” at the appropriate time and you were able to ask your questions/give comments during the live meeting. Representative Assembly members could see you, you could see them. In light of the circumstances and challenges of holding a virtual meeting, I believe this is the best format to allow Board members to receive public comment and interact with the speakers.
The FHSAA blast that was sent out this morning contains the sign-up link to the upcoming committee and general meetings on February 21 and 22. The deadline to sign up is February 18.
Sign Up link:
For anyone wanting to speak to more than one item, you will submit a separate form for each item you want to speak to. Three items you want to address? Submit three forms…
Feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns. Have a great weekend!
Lauren C. Otero, CMAA
Assistant Principal for Administration
H.B. Plant High School
(813) 272-3033, Ext. 227
Fax (813) 272-0624
Good Morning FIAAA Family, (2/4/21)
Please find attached the two scholarship applications we want you to District Directors begin promoting in your district:
- Mandy Stoll Scholarship
- NIAAA Scholarship application & cover page
The applications are posted on the FIAAA website by clicking on awards and then Mandy Stoll https://fiaaa.net/awards/mandy-stoll-scholarship-2/
Both applications are due back to the District Director before April 9, 2021. It is the task of the District Director to narrow down the BEST male and female from each of the following classifications:
|Class 7A||Class 6A||Class 5A & 4A||Class 3A, 2A, & A|
So it would be ideal to submit all 8 Mandy Stoll applications (one male and one female from each of the above basketball classes). The winners from your district will be sent directly to email@example.com on or before April 23 by 11:59 p.m.
All NIAAA scholarship applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 23rd, 2021. There is no need to narrow down those applications.
Below is a condensed recap of the process. Please contact me via email at email@example.com if you have any questions.
SELECTION PROCESS for District Directors
- Begin Promoting to the schools in your district
- The applications are on the FIAAA website
- A maximum of four males and four females (one per classification) will be selected by each FIAAA Director.
- One (1) male and one (1) female winner will be selected from each of the four designated categories based on the FHSAA basketball classifications along with (2) at large winners selected from any of the designated categories.
- There will be a total of four (4) males and four (4) females and (2) additional at large winners for a total of ten (10) scholarship winners.
- School Athletic Directors must submit applications to their FIAAA District Director by April 9, 2021.
- Must submit a color photo of the applicant in JPEG format
- District Directors must submit their classification winners to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 23rd, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
- ALL NIAAA applications should be submitted to email@example.com by April 23, 2021.
- Overall State Winners will be selected by the FIAAA Higher Education Committee.
The Scholarship winners will be announced at the FIAAA State Conference in May at the Banquet.